If you are involved in selling, buying or leasing commercial property, it is likely you will need legal advice from time to time.
Our experienced commercial property lawyers can offer both initial advice to help you make decisions on your prospective property matters, and tailored advice and information with regular updates throughout your commercial property transaction. Talk to our friendly commercial property law team for a value for money, efficient and professional service.
We have experience with transactions involving a wide range of commercial property types, so whether you’re investing in new retail premises or office space, buying, selling or leasing an industrial unit, or moving into property development, we can help. We also deal with agricultural matters and our experienced team can help you with agricultural sales, purchases, tenancies and licences.
We know that advising clients on commercial property transactions requires a commercial approach. We learn about our clients’ businesses, so that we can understand and tailor our advice to their business needs, and we’ll use our local knowledge and commercial expertise to help make your transaction run smoothly. Furthermore, when you choose our commercial property service, you will have direct contact with your solicitor which means that we can respond to your queries promptly and drive your matter towards a swift conclusion.
Our high standard of client care means that whether you are new to commercial property transactions, or are embarking on a new project, our property solicitors will help you understand and deal with matters you will have to consider at the outset of, and throughout, your commercial property deal.
Commercial property legal advice
We can help with:
- Advice on heads of terms
- Leases- Preparation and service of Landlord & Tenant Notices; breach of lease covenants
- Agreements for lease
- Lease assignments and subletting
- Lease renewals and rent reviews
- Tenancies at will
- Sales and purchases of commercial premises, development sites or investment properties
- Options to purchase
- S106 Agreements
- Secured lending
- Development builds from aquisition of sites through to planning, infrastructure and plot sales
- Personal guarantees
- Acting for local authorities and housing associations on commercial transactions
- Acquisitions/ sales of high street premises/ sites / regeneration projects
- Lease extensions under the Leasehold Reform and Urban Development Act 1993
- Commercial sales to include overage and clawback provisions.
- Land issues/ disputes/ common land, including adverse possession & boundary disputes
- Covenants, Easements and Licenses– advising on positive covenants and indemnities; restrictive covenants; deed of release of covenant; breach of covenant; rights of third parties; licence to occupy; works licences
- Lender finance and refinance transactions with high street lenders, second and third tier lending institutions and bridging lenders
- Acquisitions and disposal of commercial buildings such as retail units, warehouses, and office space
- Purchase of agricultural sites