Chilcotts Financial Planning
Chilcotts Law has teamed up with Chartered Financial Planners, Dave Robinson and Chris Hill to bring you Chilcotts Financial Planning.
Their expertise will be beneficial to expand the services that we can offer and provider to our clients. The integration between legal advice and financial planning will enable a seamless combination from start to finish of matters without the need to approach and instruct a separate financial planning firm. Chilcotts Financial Planning is based at St Margarets House, Station Road, Bovey Tracey, Devon, TQ13 9AL.
Dave works closely with Chilcotts Law and their clients. His career spans around 20 years in private accountancy practice and over 25 years as a personal financial planner and Independent Financial Adviser - often overlapping the two.
One of relatively few advisers in the UK to have qualified as both a Chartered and a Certified Financial Planner, he also holds a range of other professional qualifications including:
- Fellow of the Chartered Association of Certified Accountants
- Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investments
- Member of the Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners
- Member of the Society of Later Life Advisers
- Member of the Expert Witness Institute
- CFA Society UK Investment Management Certificate
Since 2000, Dave has specialised in designing and implementing holistic financial planning and investment strategies for people in later life, personal injury claimants and their legal advisers, those with special needs and Deputies Attorneys and Trustees acting on behalf of any of these people. His passion for these client groups has arisen through personal experience.
He has written or contributed to a wide range of books, technical guides, study manuals and training courses for various professional bodies. He also writes articles and case studies for professional journals and newspapers and he occasionally appears on TV and radio.
Away from work he spends his time with friends, family and his dogs and doing his bit for charities which support people with special needs. He is now too old and slow to play or even train Rugby but he enjoys watching from the sidelines and he still does his best to keep reasonably fit.
Chris started his career in financial services in 2007 with Hargreaves Lansdown in Bristol before moving to Devon in 2012. Chris is one of few advisers qualified and practising as a Chartered Financial Planner, Certified Financial Planner and Trust and Estate Practitioner, giving him large remit of expertise.
Chris can provide advice in a range of areas including:
- Individuals planning for retirement – including owners of businesses
- Individuals planning to pass wealth to their families
- Personal injury claimants and their legal advisers – during the claim and following settlement
- People in later life – particularly those who need to pay for the cost of their care
- Trustees of all kinds
Chris is the treasurer for STEP West of England Committee and an assessor for the Certified Financial Planner qualification. Chris also volunteers for Forces MoneyPlan, which is an initiative set up to provide financial guidance injured armed forces personnel.
In his spare time, Chris enjoys competing in triathlons, which he got the bug whilst completing Ironman Wales in 2018.
- Chartered Financial Planner
- Certified Financial Planner
- Member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Certified in Long Term Care Advice
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investments
- Fellow of the Personal Finance Society