Our fees cover all of the legal work required to complete the sale of the property based in England & Wales.
The information is based on a number of assumptions and in particular the fees assume that:
- This is a standard transaction and that no unforseen matters arise including for example (but not limited to) a defect in title which requires remedying prior to completion or the preparation of additional documents ancillary to the main transaction.
- The transaction is concluded in a timely manner and no unforseen complication arise
- All parties to the transaction are co-operative and there is no unreasonable delay from third parties providing documnetation
Where VAT is said to apply it will be charged at the prevailing rate, currently 20%.
|Legal Service fee
|Legal Service fee including VAT at the current prevailing rate 20%
|Leasehold fee including VAT at the current prevailing rate 20%
|Total including VAT at the current prevailing rate 20%
Please see our online quoting system for a breakdown of fees and service standards.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure your transaction proceeds smoothly. Some disbursements may attract VAT at the current prevailing rate 20%. These will be fully detailed in the breakdown of the costs when using our online quoting system.
Whilst we are unable to specify precise dates for completion, a typical freehold sale usually takes 6 to 8 weeks (without any issues) while a typical leasehold sale usually takes 10 to 12 weeks (without any issues). Factors that may influence this include, but are not limited to:
- Other parties in the chain - including efiiciency of their solicitors carrying out their side of the work
- A transaction in the chain failing
- Mortgage arrangement delays
- Construction of property (if new-build)
- A need for the granting of probate
- A lease requiring extension or the need to vary the terms of a lease by way of Deed of Variation
Work that we will be carrying out
- Obtaining title deeds, drafting and agreeing legal documentation
- Reviewing enquiries received by the buyer’s solicitor, taking client's instructions on any enquiries where necessary and sending replies to enquiries to buyer’s solicitor
- Exchanging contracts
- Completing the sale
- Redeeming and ensuring discharge of mortgages in relation to the property
Please note we reserve the right to charge additional legal fees in exceptional circumstances where the complex nature of the transaction requires additional legal work to be carried out. An example of this would be where there is a need to enter into a Deed of Easement or for example a Deed of Variation to either extend or vary the terms of a Lease. lf such a need were to arise you would be advised of the cost beforehand giving you the opportunity to assess the additional fees.
Should you wish to opt into having your identity verified through the Thirdfort app using a smart phone, table or iPad (again more details will be provided in your initial client care pack). We will meet the cost we pay for these checks if you opt in by signing and returning the relevant form provided within our initial client care pack.
Please also note that for you to be able to use this service you must have a passport, photo driver’s licence, identity card or residence permit.
Stages of the process
- Taking your instructions and giving initial advice
- Preparing and drafting contract documents
- Reviewing and receiving any enquiries of purchasers solicitor
- Replying to enquiries of Purchasers solicitors
- Obtaining replies to enquiries from Landlord or Managing Agent (Leasehold only)
- Sending contract and transfer deed to client to sign and return in anticipation of exchange of contracts. Agree a completion date in anticipation of exchange of contracts
- Handle the exchange of contracts and notify you accordingly
- Manage receipt of monies from the purchaser
- Complete the purchase
- Redeem and discharge any existing mortgages.
It would not normally be necessary to undertake other work or incur other costs other than those described above. However, we would be very happy to provide you with a more tailored quote for all stages of your particular case once we know about your specific circumstances.