- Family Law
Kiran is an experienced family lawyer of over 20 years, who specialises in children disputes. She is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (FCILEX).
She understands that going through any dispute involving children can be hugely traumatic and prides herself on providing a bespoke service tailored to every client’s individual needs. Kiran treats each case in a personal and sensitive manner, working around clients’ other commitments with flexibility.
Kiran is passionate and dedicated about helping clients rebuild their lives following a relationship breakdown. She believes that it is important for clients to appoint a lawyer with whom they feel comfortable and at ease, and who can provide clear, transparent advice during a stressful and emotional time.
Kiran has extensive experience in various disputes regarding children including the following:
- Disputes regarding where a child should live;
- Disputes regarding what contact children should have with the non-resident parent;
- Removal of a Child from the Jurisdiction for a holiday;
- Removal of a Child for Permanent Relocation within the UK or abroad;
- Applications concerning the change of child’s surname, religion, school, immunisations;
- Applications to vary (make a change) to an existing court order;
- Applications for Enforcement Proceedings (where there has been a breach of a court order e.g., child not made available for contact);
- Applications for Parental Responsibility;
- Applications for injunctions to seek protection from domestic abuse;
- Change of Name Deeds;
- Complex children cases involving drugs, alcohol, mental health issues, neglect, sexual abuse, domestic abuse, and parental alienation.
Kiran has been involved with organisations such as Victim Support, Women’s Aid, and local women’s refuges, and has featured on national television speaking about relationship breakdowns. Additionally, she has featured in a DVD for Victim Support advising on children disputes and protective emergency orders. Overall, Kiran’s experience and dedication make her a strong choice for clients seeking legal advice in family matters.