Penny is a consultant solicitor with 22 years’ experience practising in the areas of corporate and commercial law.
Prior to this she has headed up the corporate and commercial teams in a large private practice law firm in the South West. Originally, Penny trained and worked with a City of London law firm, Mayer Brown, where she qualified in 1994. She also spent time heading up the in-house legal team for Europe, Middle East and Africa for GE Information Services. Penny can offer an extensive client service in providing to SMEs, partnerships and sole traders on all aspects of legal business life, including;
- Company incorporation, including advising on articles of association, directors’ duties and corporate governance procedures
- Shareholders’/Investment agreements
- Funding; debt and equity, including crowd funding, angel investment and alternative sources of finance
- Corporate restructuring
- Sale Agreements (both Asset or Share sales)
- Joint Venture Agreements
- Share issues and subscriptions
- Intellectual Property (including Trade Mark and Patent Licensing)
- Web/App Development
- IT systems
- PR and Media
- General commercial agreements
- Partnership set up
- Partnership Agreements
- Limited Liability Partnerships (LLPs)
- Partnership dissolution
In addition to this Penny has worked in many different sectors including Hotel and Leisure, Manufacturing and Engineering, Web and App Development, Renewable Energy, Print, Property/Land Development and E-commerce. Penny was involved in raising £1.25m for her own start up project and is currently a shareholder in successful renewable energy firm.
In her spare time Penny trains horses and competes in dressage, show jumping and working equitation.